About Daisy: Daisy’s work seeks to understand how a body exists in the digital world – does it exists as a mist on the screen? Is it a set of binary codes? Is it constituted by the internet’s signs, symbols, hashtags and emoji’s? Her ongoing series of self-portraits for Instagram, animated video art and triple-appropriated drawings raise questions on queer identity and feminism in the digital age but more pertinently they lead an analysis of childhood development in the post-internet contemporary era. Her fine art background and continual use of observational drawing underpin her analytical and deconstructive use of digital mediums as she probes and prods the body of a virtual age.
Daisy has shown her digital work in pop-up shows at the Tate Modern/Britain and BFI. She has given talks on the post-internet identity at digital art shows and recently she took her Augment Self-Portrait Videos out to St Petersburg. She was awarded an Artists-Network grant to support her research in these areas.
In her practice she uses Lens Studio, Spark AR and Blender. She currently is collaborating with a computer artist on building an Unreal VR experience.
(BA) Drawing Fine Art (First), Camberwell College of Art (2015-2018)
(BA) Womenswear Design, London College of Fashion (2014-2015)
Foundation Diploma: Womenswear Fashion Design, Central Saint Martins (2014-2015)
One year travel scholarship to H.E.A.D Geneva under the Swiss European Mobility Program Scholarship. 2017
Scholarship: International Summer Academy of Fine Arts and Media Venice, 2017
Nominated for Yale Summer School Program by Camberwell College of Art, 2017
Mankind is a God in Ruin, Candid Arts Trust, London
Verified Amateurs: Hot Local Artists, London
CYFEST, The Stieglitz Academy, St Petersburg, Russia. (Partner The Hermitage Museum).
Digital Margate, Margate Now, Margate
The Greatest Exhibition, APT Gallery, London. (Arts Council Grant).
Woman with a Movie Camera, BFI, London
Late at Tate: Waves, Tate Britain, London
Lives of Net Art, Tate Modern, London
Artificial Identities w. Dubious Collective, The Fitzrovia Gallery, London
WIMP, The Yard Hackney Theatre, London
Fatberg, Femmetopia, Vogue Fabrics Dalston
Space Honey X New Gums, Medicine Gallery, London
Hundred Years Gallery, London
GenderFvcker Finale, Redon, London
Camberwell College of Art Degree Show, London
FLUIDØ2 Lets Make a Sequel, ICA, London
Sand in Their Eyes, Goldsmiths University of London Student Union, London
Subjectivity and Feminisms, International Women's Day, Chelsea College of Art, London
Pregree, Copeland Gallery, London
Falling, Copeland Gallery, London
In Protest of Nothingness, International Summer Academy of Fine Arts and Media, Venice
Mémoires Entremêlées, Le Centre d'Art Contemporain de Lacoux, Lacoux. France.
UNIT, CGP Gallery Dilston Grove, London
The Shotgun Show, Hotel Elephant Gallery, London
Breaking the Skin, R.A.U.M Gallery, London
#no_response, Camberwell College of Art, University of the Arts, London
The Interim Show, Hotel Elephant Gallery, Elephant and Castle, London
Year 1, Camberwell College of Art, University of the Arts, London
In Memory of Blake, William Blake Congregation, Borough, London
Curatorial and Art Writing Work:
· Curator of “The Greatest, Greatest Exhibition”, curated for APT Gallery, Deptford, London. (Co-Awarded British Arts Council Grant) 2019
· Assistant Curator / Project Manager of “The Creative Machine 2 Exhibition”. (Lead by Cyland Russian Arts Group Show with UK Artists). At The Hatcham Gallery, Goldsmiths 2018.
Coordinating an exhibition of: Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Robotics by UK and Russian Artists.Organising and hosting a 1 day academic “Russian / UK Artists Creative Machine 2 Symposium”
· “How do Gilbert and George make use of hyperbole and comedic tropes within their performance an video art, and to what effect”? First Class Dissertation, Camberwell College of Art
· Curator for The RAUM Gallery, London (2016-17)
Peter Mansel, Signified and Experience
Ralph Overill, Passing Through
MA Print, Treasure
· BA Games Art and Design, University of Brighton
First year tutor
· Deputy Head and Curriculum writer (Teaching art to school students, writing the course content, interviewing and training new staff members)
Hippo Art School, Summers Lane Academy, London (working in partnership with Muma Art in Shanghai)
· Day workshop organiser at APT Gallery. Running an activity session for the visitors of all ages and presenting a tour of the works on site (digital works, sculpture and paintings)
Art Assistance Work (on site):
· London Games Festival, Guildhall Art Gallery, London
· Art and Innovation, Kenji Temple and Kyoto University, Japan
· Lowry Museum, Salford Quays, Manchester, 2018
· Melita Denaro, Hackney Studios Administration and PA Assistant.
· Wax modelling and stonemason’s assistant at Vanguard Court Studio, London, 2018
· Demonstrating Mutator VR, Crick Institute, London, 2018
· #postARTandSCIENCE, Symposium at Wellcome Collection London, 2017
· Monsters and Hybrids in Contemporary Art, HYBRIS, Venice, 2017
· Automatic Art, GV Art Gallery & DeMontford University, London, 2014Nicole
· Polonsky at 7305 days, Westland Place Studios, London, 2013
· Mutator 1 + 2, Phoenix Gallery, Brighton, 2013